The unpublished Thomas Hardy

I came back from a year in New Zealand in 1991 broke and without a job. I'd just been involved in a small project publishing a postcard book of photographs of New Zealand by leading fine art/documentary photographers. It had provided me with the opportunity to meet a range of photographers and also given me the experience of putting together a (modest) book for print.

Arriving back in the UK in Dorset, by chance in an anniversary year for Dorset author Thomas Hardy, I setup a small business to publish a postcard book showing real Dorset locations Hardy used in the creation of his novels. Alas the book never got published - mainly because potential sellers in the area had already got contracts with national publishers who could sell postcard books at a price I couldn't compete with and make a profit.

Rather than leave them forever banished to a box, I thought I'd share a few of the photographs made for the book. 

Stinsford, Lower Bockhampton
 
Bridport
\
Milbourne St Andrew
Portland
St Georges Church, Portland
Eggardon Hill, nr Bridport





Share on Google Plus

About Nick_L

This is a short description in the author block about the author. You edit it by entering text in the "Biographical Info" field in the user admin panel.

0 comments :