Martin Parr & Photography workshops

After finishing University in the 1980's, I was briefly part of the independent photography workshop 'scene' - based around Peter Goldfield's Photographers at Duckspool programme.
I met quite a few photographers, including Martin Parr, who I actually met twice. Once informally as part of a 'wake' for Ray Moore, which was also attended by Paul Caponigro, Jem Southam and Mark Haworth-Booth. The second time I was one of a number of photographers on a residential weekend workshop lead by Parr.

I've been scanning my negatives and found several sheets taken during these sessions, including this one - taken in Devon at a seaside town. Possibly Seaton.

Check out the figure with the camera bag in the centre of the frame. That's Martin Parr's back circa 1988.


Woman and ice cream sign - Devon, 1988
Share on Google Plus

About Nick_L

This is a short description in the author block about the author. You edit it by entering text in the "Biographical Info" field in the user admin panel.

0 comments :