The RED project - Is this the end of the begining?

As I post this selection of photographs, I'm conscious of the fact that I'm probably nearer the end of this project than the beginning. And frankly I'm glad about that. Not because I've had any difficulty in finding or making images for the project but because I want to start concentrating on creating the book - which is intended to be very much, the final realised version of this project.

To be completely honest the RED project has been one of the most satisfying experiences as a photographer. But not because of what one might assume the project is about (e.g. the colour red) but because I've actually been freer, in a sense, than I was with the 'Pedestrian' project to concentrate on picture making without restraint or pre-conditions.
Sounds odd doesn't it? But that's how it's worked out. Working in a world of colour, including one colour as a compulsory element, but also being less prescriptive about the outcome, has made for a more liberating experience. Maybe it's my fine art background coming through, but it seems to me that this less exclusive more sensory engagement with the world 'out there' makes for a less predictable and more instinctive way of working. The BLUE project perhaps?















Share on Google Plus

About Nick_L

This is a short description in the author block about the author. You edit it by entering text in the "Biographical Info" field in the user admin panel.

0 comments :