Project RED - the final post!

This is it. The final ever 'official' post of photographs taken for the 'RED' project.
Over the last 9 months, this project has generated many thousands of images - some of which I've posted here, and lot I haven't.

From its earliest days as a 'wind down' project from the 'Pedestrian' book, this project has been a very personal mission for me. A way of re-engaging with photography in a way that goes beyond subject matter. And an attempt, succesfully I think, of un-learning a lot of (mostly bad) habits I'd picked up over the last 30+ years as a photographer.

As I write this, I've got sheets of contact prints arranged on the floor - as I work through some of the stronger pictures in an attempt to create a layout for the RED book. I've got some ideas for the text and the type font I want to use. I'm hoping I can finalise an arrangement to upload to Blurb in the next week or so. The main issue with the new book will be the quality of the colour so I might need to print several draft versions.

I'll post some layouts images in the coming weeks. And also maybe Geoff's text?









Share on Google Plus

About Nick_L

This is a short description in the author block about the author. You edit it by entering text in the "Biographical Info" field in the user admin panel.

0 comments :