New February images from the RED project ( and more about progress on the RED book)

I thought I'd write something brief to explain more about progress on the RED project.

Since starting this project, I've been posting on this blog a selection of images I've taken since summer 2009 with the working title 'RED'.

What I've done here, which I haven't explored before, is to post online as much relevant material as I can. And allow myself to look & think about the pictures as they are taken. Allowing myself to be guided by the content and themes of the pictures as I go, rather than be guided or restricted by a predetermined structure or outcome - as I did with the 'Pedestrian' book. In other words , to be open about what RED is or might be as a final outcome - rather than planning the final result or overall look beforehand.

As part of my working methods, I've also been creating printed higher resolution contact sheets as I go, to enable me to look more closely at emerging themes as they have developed over the months since I started. The printed sheets also give me an indicator of the look of the images in their original resolution. The printed results also give me ideas about how I can 'soft proof' some of the images and test different versions before creating finished versions for their eventual use in a book.

Work on the book layout started last week. I hope to have the main layout work completed during March and April. It's a lot of work, but I'm feeling very positive about the outcome. Will post more soon.


N

  

  

 

  

 

 



 

Share on Google Plus

About Nick_L

This is a short description in the author block about the author. You edit it by entering text in the "Biographical Info" field in the user admin panel.

0 comments :