Faith - Photographs 1983-1987

While learning to use the camera as a student, I discovered, mostly by accident, that there were photographers before me, that had a found a way to take photographs of the world around them that weren't simply reproductions of what they saw. That contained something of themselves in the way they saw & composed their photographs.
I learned a lot, mostly be looking and absorbing examples of what they had done.
How to work in a documentary style, taking images from life that still allowed the images to contain something of the mind and intentions of the photographer.
This series of images taken in Portsmouth and North London are early examples of how I began to use those lessons in my work.

Share on Google Plus

About Nick_L

This is a short description in the author block about the author. You edit it by entering text in the "Biographical Info" field in the user admin panel.

0 comments :