New look blog!

Welcome to the new look blog....

Regular visitors will notice that I've made a lot of changes to the site template created in December 07, removing the 3 column layout and opting instead for a slimmed down & cleaner looking site.

Anyone familiar with the posting schedule of the previous site, will see that I'm now posting single images on a weekly schedule instead of the 3 or 4 images I've been posting for most of the last year.
It means less work for me of course, but more importantly it gives a focus to the site and the type of imagery I'm producing that I think was lost with the sheer number of photographs I was posting on the previous site.

Recently I've been looking at a lot of photography sites that feature street or documentary style photography and most of them have the same single image (gallery style) or portfolio type focus instead of the notebook style blogging approach I was previously adopting. It's made me stop and think a bit more about what kind of 'mixed message' people might be taking away from visiting my site.

I still think there's a place for that type of approach, just not for me right now as (a) I haven't got the time every weekend to put up that many images and (b) even if I do make the time, the stronger more iconic images tend to dominate the quieter pictures.

So, hopefully you'll all enjoy the changes I've made and come back to check on future updates. see you next week.

Nick
Share on Google Plus

About Nick_L

This is a short description in the author block about the author. You edit it by entering text in the "Biographical Info" field in the user admin panel.

0 comments :